The Institute Gaetano Pini Orthopaedic Hospital is a company of national importance, the center of excellence for orthopedic activities, rheumatology and rehabilitation. The high quality of professionals and technologies available in the Company aims to build a strong citizen-centric public service.
The Gaetano Pini Orthopaedic Institute is one of the earliest and greatest reference points for Orthopaedics and Traumatology in the city of Milan. The Institute, which is located in the city centre in the area of C.so di Porta Romana, was first established in 1874 and was gradually expanded in the 1930s and '40s. World War II caused the destruction of most blocks, which were partly rebuilt, with new facilities being added in the 1960s. As from 1998, the Institute was gradually involved in major refurbishing works, the most recent concerning the First Aid Station, called Emergency Traumatology Unit.
This new Unit (ETU) was indeed officially inaugurated on 28 September last, after remaining closed for a three-month period.