The knee joins the thigh to lower leg. It is one of the biggest joints in the body comprised of bones and other important structures such as tendons, ligaments, cartilage and fluid sacs; all which work together to allow the knee to move and bend smoothly.
Common Knee Pain Sources
Damage or degeneration to any of these structures can impair or restrict your ability to walk, kneel, bend and twist. Pain and loss of mobility in your knee can impair your ability to carry on with your typical activities of daily living. For the athlete or active patient, that pain and limited mobility can be devastating.
Knee Problems, Injuries & Conditions
- Tendon Injuries
- Plica Syndrome
- Medial and Lateral Collateral Ligament Tears
- Cruciate Ligament Injuries
- Osgood-Schlatter Disease
Our Knee Specialists
The physicians at Orthopedic Treatment Italy have advanced training in musculoskeletal conditions of the knee. Offering each patient individual attention, they are able to offer a thorough diagnostic evaluation and a variety of effective treatment options from conservative therapies to advanced knee surgery. From knee cartilage preservation to ligament repair and reconstruction, to total knee replacement surgery, the orthopedic surgeons at Orthopedic Treatment Italy are ready to get you back to being your best.
ORTHOPEDIC KNEE PACKAGE
Mini-Invasive Robotic knee surgery
Orthopedic Excellence Treatment (OET) is able to reconstruct even the tiniest, microscopic part of the knee. When we talk about a prosthetic replacement of the knee, we talk about even the smallest type of prosthesis.
Orthopedic Excellence Treatment does not substitute with a prosthesis; instead, we biologically reconstruct the missing part of the knee. With a traditional prosthesis, sports and active participation are no longer an option. With a resurfacing operation and a biological reconstruction of your knee, you may resume all your previous physical activities.
By substituting the Cartilage, OET does not substitute the knee. With a resurfacing operation, we carry out a hybrid substitution of the knee. Traditional surgery would substitute the whole knee, while, with our Mini-Invasive Surgery, we only have to substitute the cartilage. This is thanks to our incredibly advanced Mini Invasive Robotic Surgery that intertwines stem cell treatment and traditional surgery.
The average person who gets a mechanical prosthesis for a knee or joint replacement takes away approximately 1 or 2 cm of the tibia, and 1 or 2 centimeters of the femur. With our mini invasive surgery, we do not touch a single bone!
We salvage the entire knee’s tissue and maintain all of its integrity and nerve connections. Whereas with traditional surgery, the nerves on the knee would no longer be present.
We build the prosthesis with titanium or ceramic small pieces of material similar to that used by NASA for spacecraft construction, and we complete the reconstruction of the cartilage with various stem cells extracted from the patient.
Three hours after the operation, the patient may already start walking again! Customized rehabilitation will be necessary to regain full mobility.
We carry out two operations, one for each knee (bicompartmental knee operation) to guarantee the symmetry and the balance of the two knees.
The complete package for this breakthrough treatment includes the trip and services by EHT Excellence Healthcare Team for the entire stay of 5 days in the hospital.
- Our most complex operation with the use of stem cells with surgery on the bone areas with included rehabilitation as shown above.
- We perform a complex operation with the use of multiple stem cells acquired from the host patient, used in tandem with reconstructive surgery of parts of the bone. A one-week post-op rehabilitation program is included.
- Once the operation is finished, the patient may be sent home (In some cases, rehabilitation is not necessary)
- Personalized intensive care unit for five days
- 40-hour long super intensive care across 2 weeks (approximately 4 hours a day).
REQUIRED MEDICAL DOCUMENTS
- X-ray in Orthostatism of the knee (while standing)
- X-ray on knees from a lateral position
- MRI of the knees
- X-ray of the lower limbs and hipbone
Hip bone examinations:
- X-ray in Orthostatism of the hip bone
- MRI of the hip bone
- X-ray on the lower limbs with the hipbone
- Possible clinical evaluation by an orthopedic colleague
OET GUARANTEES THE FOLLOWING SERVICES
- Doctor’s visit before discharge with suggestions for therapeutic indications of a medical nature (drugs) and physical (rehabilitation) post surgery
- Check up in 2 months required by us with a recent X-ray
- Check up 6-month on-line / in-situ check -with a recent X-ray
- Check up in 12 months online / in situ with a recent X-ray
- Check up every 2 to 3 years with a recent X-ray
Contact Orthopedic Treatment Italy today and let our qualified Knee doctors get you on the road to recovery.